Thursday 25 February 2010

New Music Wednesday



So being that it's Wednesday and the Oakford in Reading hosts BBC Introducing each week I decided to go with my friend Jemma to watch some live bands. And tonight was especially exciting as the gorgeous Eliza Doolittle was in attendance.



I first saw her video for the new single 'Skinny Genes' the other day and thought it was quite catchy. Then I heard it on Radio 2 late at night and thought "yeah I really like this" and now after seeing her live and playing the other songs, I can see her becoming really big when the summer hits. Her songs instill that warm summer glow in you, even if your in Reading on a bit of a crappy night.


I can't remember the track names so forgive me but I enjoyed them all and thoroughly recommend a listen, a purchase or a trip to a venue to see her. Lets hope I get to buy it on vinyl soon.



And sorry to the band before Eliza, I didn't catch the name. And after the atmospheric start and Radiohead style opener I started to like their songs. Part Madonna, part Pet Shop boys with a little Depeche Mode and Placebo thrown in. Good sound, and think it would sound better either on a CD or at a festival.



I'm beginning to like this scheduled live music. I'm just sad that after an outing in London on Saturday I missed Tom Williams and the boat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The support act was http://www.myspace.com/tooyoungtolove