Tuesday 2 February 2010

Must go to more Gigs!



Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~Berthold Auerbach



I was watching the music video to Resistance by Muse, and the whole place was jumping, literally jumping. It just looked like an amazing show to be at. And that struck me. I'm 25 and have only ever been to two gigs. The Moody Blues at the Royal Albert Hall when i was like 14, and Avril Lavigne at Wembley Arena.. very conflicting shows i know.



I've been to festivals since 2002, in various countries. Just never got around to going to a gig. Which is shameful i know. Well i've seen bands in small venues playing a handful of songs, but no massive tour. So i shall be venturing out to gigs more frequently as i feel thats my duty. Though just need start searching out which bands are touring and what to see.

I'll hopefully be going to festivals this year anyway, more on this later, but i feel intimate gigs are better, and more special. Dedication to the cause. I want to leave with my clothes covered in sweat, beer and god knows what else. I want my ears to ring slightly more than they already do.



For now i will settle with BBC Introducing at the Oakford in Reading on Wednesdays. Its new music and its Live music. So its something to fill the gap while i source out gigs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm always a bit scared of gigs. I suppose the best one I've been to in recent years was Frankie Goes to Hollywood in about 2006. That was pretty awesome. I'd love to see Elbow and The Kooks live, and if I had time-travel I'd love to see The Beatles.